Making onion bhaji is a delightful process, and it results in a crispy and flavorful Indian snack. Here’s a simple recipe for you to try at home:
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Oil, for deep frying
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Prepare the Onions:
Peel and thinly slice the onions. Separate the slices into individual rings.
2. Make the Batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine gram flour, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add water to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a thick batter. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Add Onions:
Add the sliced onions to the batter. Mix well, ensuring all the onion rings are coated evenly with the batter.
4. Heat Oil:
Heat oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer over medium-high heat. The oil should be hot enough to sizzle immediately when you drop a small portion of the batter into it.
5. Fry the Bhajis:
- Carefully drop spoonfuls of the batter-coated onions into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan; fry in batches if necessary.
- Fry the bhajis until they are golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes per batch.
6. Drain and Serve:
Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried bhajis from the oil. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
7. Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the onion bhajis with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or yogurt sauce. You can also serve them with lemon wedges for an extra zing.
Enjoy your homemade crispy and delicious onion bhajis! Remember to be cautious while working with hot oil and enjoy this tasty snack responsibly.
8 Before follow the process:
Make sure you don’t have allergy with chicken or other ingredients.